Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Strawberry Tea Bread with Whipped Strawberry Butter

It is time to make some strawberry recipes.  Today I made a strawberry tea bread recipe that I found on Pinterest.  I make a strawberry bread that is similar but, it didn't include oats and it had more oil in it. 

So for the taste test...Son #1 comes in and this is the serving he took out of the first loaf right out of the oven.  I look at him and he says, "What?" ..."I want a piece in the middle."  Then Son #3 comes in from school and he drops everything goes right to the bread and grabs the small end of this loaf and starts shoving it in his mouth at the counter....  The other end of the loaf is still there, Son # 2 was too worried about his car bumper to fool with eating at the moment!  So, I guess they liked it...no complaints. 

Ingredients:

Strawberry Tea Bread 
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
3 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup cannola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of crushed strawberries ( crush, then measure)

Whipped Strawberry Butter
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1/4 cup crushed strawberries, room temperature

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Prepare two 9x4 loaf pans with baking spray.  
Combine flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl, set aside.
In a second bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla.  
Pour egg mixture into dry mixture and stir until almost combined.  Add strawberries and stir until just combined.  Do not overmix.
Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool 5-10 minutes in pan.  Turn out onto cooling rack and let cool completely.  

To make butter:
Whip butter at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy.  Whip in strawberries and confectioners sugar.   
Yields: 2 loaves
Recipe adapted from: Spend with Pennies   
 Enjoy!
Sherry
I will link this to:
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm 
Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff 
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Best Blog Recipes link party 
Tasty Tuesday at The Comforts of Home

16 comments:

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

What a lovely tea! Your strawberry bread looks delicious . . . and I love your presentation. It's so pretty. LOVE LOVE that china!
Suzanne

Peggie said...

We're planning a tea, also, and I will be sure to include this recipe. "Testing" it out tomorrow.

Jill Harrison said...

wow I had never thought of putting strawberries into a cake, or make a strawberry cream to spread with. Sounds delicious - and so summery! I will have to put aside this recipe for summer.

Have a wonderful start to spring, and thank you for stopping by my blog today.

Poppy said...

Hi Sherry,

I'm certain your strawberry tea bread did not last a whole day, it was so good! Did you manage to steal a piece for your afternoon tea? I hope so, that whipped strawberry butter is, indeed, the icing on the cake!

Happy Easter!

Poppy

Deb @ Lavender Garden Cottage said...

Looks so yummy! I am SO going to make these for Easter for my folks. Thanks for the delish recipe!

Sylvia said...

That looks so good and I just happen to have strawberries. may need to make this one.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing it at Tasty Tuesday!
Penny
www.thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com

Sue said...

I have never made strawberry bread, I don't know why not really. We love strawberries and I can make banana bread with my eyes closed I do it so often! I think that strawberry butter would be good on anything!

As for the son's opinions...they are all alike I have decided. Mine would have done the same thing, only he would have probably picked up the entire loaf and left a trail of crumbs. He is 31...it doesn't get better!

The Vintage Chateau said...

Yum! That looks absolutely delicious!
Karee

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It certainly looks delicious! :)

living from glory to glory said...

Good Morning Sherry, I had a recipe for Strawberry Bread years ago, but it was not really good. But I have a feeling this is going to be a really good one! Sounds like the boys gave it an A+!!
I am getting ready to bake some cookies, then off to town to buy some fresh strawberries. I did Pin this one...
Blessings to YOU
Hugs, Roxy

Catherine said...

Dear Sherry, What a beautiful post. Your tea bread and butter looks like perfection. This would be a be delightful weekend morning treat. Wishing you a blessed Easter weekend, Catherine

Nancy said...

Looks yummy, Sherry. When strawberry season arrives here, I'll have to make some. A nice departure from strawberry shortcake, and it would be so good with coffee (or tea). :) Thanks for sharing. ~ Nancy

Diann said...

Oh your strawberry bread and butter looks so yummy!! Thank you for hosting!

Kelvin Krank said...

Oh my goodness Sherry, your photos are so gorgeous and I love the collage of photos you put together. I want to come to your house for tea! Thank you so much for hosting and for featuring my colored angel eggs this week.
Easter blessings to you,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely! Adding strawberry butter really adds to the appeal!